Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Last few days on the mainland

Two days. That's all I have left in North Carolina before I embark on perhaps the most exciting journey of my life! I'm in the process of squeezing a years worth of clothes and chewy sprees into my two suitcases. On Friday morning, I will step on a plane with a backpack and a guitar and land on the island that I will call home for the next year. Hawaii.

I have anticipated this moment for the past year and a half. It hasn't seemed real until now. My mind is racing and my heart is overjoyed to be able to do the ministry that I love for an entire schoolyear.

I have no idea what kinds of experiences I will have in Hawaii. I am blessed to be able to live and work alongside with my dear friend, Karlie. Other than Karlie, I don't know a soul, but that's okay with me. I like the idea of meeting new people. People that God has gathered from all over the world and brought to the University of Hawaii for a specific and divine purpose.

I can't wait to see their faces. To pick them up at the airport and be their friend. I want to learn about their culture and make them feel welcome in America. I want to show them the love of Jesus through my actions and see God work in their lives, some of them for the first time. It blows my mind to think about the miracles that could happen this year...maybe even in the next few weeks!

People keep asking me if I'm sad or if I'm nervous. I can honestly say that I'm not. At least not yet. I have the strangest sense of peace that I know only comes from God. I feel content, knowing that this is exactly where God has called me to be for this season of my life. I don't know His will beyond this next year. But I know that from now until next summer, I am going to rely on God to grow me in my faith and use me as His servant.

I couldn't be any more excited. Your prayers are greatly appreciated as I enter this next stage of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment