Monday, August 3, 2009

The thing that makes my heart sing

I've been here 10 days now. In some ways, it feels like I've been here much longer. I already feel at home. I am surrounded by people who are so welcoming and kind.

I have already seen God at work in the lives of some of the internationals and I'm anticipating big things to happen this year.

As a recent college graduate, I am searching for God's will for my life. I'm not anxious about it, but I do seriously pray for God to place me where He wants me to be and to ordain my steps. A few months ago, I posted a blog where I mentioned that someone had given me the advice, "Follow your passion and look for open doors." Another friend gave the advice, "Find the thing that makes your heart sing."

I think I have found it. God has given me an indescribable passion to reach the nations with Christs' love. I love all people, but there's just something special about internationals that I am drawn to. I am passionate about Jesus, and passionate about them. This ministry makes my heart sing!

The joy I have when I meet a new international friend is indescribable. When I pick them up at the airport and welcome them to America. When I see them come to church for the very first time. When I hear them ask questions about Jesus. I long for them to know Christ and experience Him the way that I have.

My heart is singing.

A few days ago, Karlie met a sweet Chinese guy named Nick. He was walking around looking for the International Centre. She told him that church meets on Sundays at 9am and invited him to come. Yesterday Nick and his friend Shadow came to church! Both are Chinese and had never been to church before. Nick had the sweetest demeanor and smiled the whole time. Afterward, I was talking to him and he said, "This is my first time at church. The Christians are such kind-hearted people. I like this place. The songs are so nice, and the preaching so interesting. I think I would like to know about Jesus."

I was overjoyed to hear that this guy that Karlie just met on the street would come to church on his own and be so interested and excited about learning about Jesus! We're praying for him. Hope to have yogurt with him and Shadow sometime this week to talk.

Stories like this happen every day. Praise God for what HE is doing!

Joyfully singing,
Meredith

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful the Lord's creation is. It sounds like you are enjoying the blessings that the Lord has given you. I'm so excited to read what is happening in the lives of internationals in Hawaii! Hope things are well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."--Zeph. 3:17.

    You're your Father's daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete