Sunday, December 13, 2009

End of an amazing semester

After 5 months of sunshine and adventure, my first semester in Hawaii is nearing its end. This week I will travel back to NC to spend a few weeks with my family at Christmas.

Over the past few months I have experienced God in a new way. I have seen Him change lives and seen His beauty in the creation all around me.

I am so thankful for this experience. I could have stayed close to my family and started grad. school or get a real job where I could make a normal salary. But I wouldn't trade this for anything. Being away from the comforts of home has caused me to rely on God more than ever and to further develop my personal walk with Christ.

I have made friendships with people from all over the world. I've experienced the unique and diverse culture of Hawai'i, and gaining knowledge that will help me in the future.

I'm filled with joy and wish you joy during this Christmas season!

1 comment:

  1. Meredith! I wish I could see you while you're home.... I have to call you soon and catch up!

    ReplyDelete