Friday, May 28, 2010

Leaving

In just a few hours, I will be leaving Hawaii.

I can't believe I just said that.

This year has been so incredibly amazing. It's hard to even describe the lessons I've learned and the newfound appreciation I have for life.

I'll write a more reflective blog soon, but I wanted to post some of the things I'm going to miss the most about Hawaii.

1. sunshine, sunshine, sunshine!
2. living within walking distance of the beach...and the mountains.
3. eating with chopsticks at all times.
4. watching episodes of F.r.i.e.n.d.s. with friends every night.
5. wearing my bathing suit at all times.
6. having friends from every continent
7. speaking pidgin (or attempting to!)
8. sunrises
9. mochi ice cream
10. shave ice...mmm
11. quiet moments at spitting caves
12. peaceful beaches
13. hiking in the most majestic mountains
14. adventure
15. my IBF family
16. being with Karlie 24/7
17. being surrounded by Asian people
18. living in the most beautiful place in the world
19. feeling so close to God just by being outside
20. the breeze, and perfect weather.

..........

the list could go on for days.

This year has been such a blessing and I'll never forget the adventures and experiences I've had here. Most importantly, the people I've come to know as family will remain my friends for a long time.
Aloha Hawaii, it's been a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment