Saturday, November 20, 2010

The art of Procrastination

Welcome to my brain:

Okay Meredith, you have two 15 page papers to write this week.

Where should I study?

Hmm...I think I'll go to Starbucks, yeah, that'll be a good place.
(find cozy chair, order caramel brulee latte, listen to Christmas music playing in the background).

Man, this is relaxing! (turn on computer...mistake #1).

Before I can start writing, I should probably check my e-mail...something important could have happened.

Mostly junkmail...boring.

But someone wrote on my wall. I should check it out. (log onto facebook...mistake #2).

An hour later...

Well, now that I've looked at the wedding photos of the girl who sat next to me in high school English class but haven't talked to since, maybe I should start these papers.
(photo album from Hawaii pops up on newsfeed).

Oh...Hawaii! I miss that place. (spend a solid 10 minutes staring into space, day-dreaming) Maybe I'll just look to see if there are any cheap plane tickets real quick.
(go to travelocity.com... mistake #3).

Since the tickets to Hawaii aren't really on sale, I'll just browse around the other airlines websites. You never know when you'll find a last minute deal!

Wait a minute. Even if I find a last-minute deal, I can't take off school, and shouldn't really spend the money. Bummer.

Okay, seriously, back to this paper.
(pause).

Man, I never procrastinated this much in college. What happened to me in Hawaii? I should seriously improve my study habits.

But before I do that, I may as well just write a blog about it.

Yeah, that's what I'll do. I'll write a blog about procrastination while I'm procrastinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment