Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Spiritual Glasses


I still remember the day I got my first pair of glasses. I was in the 8th grade, and though I wasn’t blind, I was starting to have trouble seeing the board in my math class. I could get along just fine without glasses, but anything in the distance was definitely blurry.

I went to the eye doctor and I remember him saying, “Wow, you’ve been missing a lot of cute boys at school!” I had no idea how bad my vision was until he handed me a pair of glasses with my prescription. I was in Walmart and as soon as I put those glasses on, it was as if everything came to life. It felt like the scene in the Wizard of Oz where Dorothy lands in Munchkinland and suddenly, everything goes from black and white to color.

The colors seemed brighter, I could see the features of people’s faces, I could even read signs all the way in the back of the store! I remember saying, “I can’t believe this is what I’ve been missing!”

Once I had seen clearly with those glasses, I refused to take them off. Life was so much more vivid when I could fully see and experience it. How could I return to a vision that was so blurry and unclear after experiencing something so much greater?

Coming to know God is like putting on a pair of glasses for the first time. Life that was once bland, aimless and blurry is suddenly transformed into a rich, fulfilling and vivid adventure. Once you’ve experienced God personally and tasted His goodness, you will never desire to return to your previous life.

Let’s walk daily with our spiritual glasses on, remembering that without Christ, we will miss out on so much!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy reading your blog and seeing what's going on in your journey. Dusty (Corey's dad).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mr. Wall! It's good to hear from you. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete