Sunday, June 14, 2009

M-Fuge Update

So I realize I've been terrible about updating my blog lately...sorry, friends! Camp has been fantastic so far. We had about 10 days of training and have already finished our first 2 weeks of camp.

The staff is great-25 awesome new friends from all over the U.S. I feel like I've made some quality friendships that will definitely last when I leave next month. I really love living in Nashville and we've definitely had some fun times on the weekends. We went swing dancing and cliff jumping last weekend. I just got back from a fun night at our friend Stacy's house. We cooked and had a bonfire with s'mores and had some great fellowship!

Camp itself has gone so smoothly. The first week was really small, so I just had 7 campers and 3 adults in my group, which was really great because we got to know each other really well. Last week, I had a group of 25, which was also fun!

My site is in Gallatin, TN and it's called the Shalom Zone. I have 60-80 lower-income children that come to camp every day and we do a little VBS for them each week. It has been such a blessing to get to know those precious children and learn their names and share the love of Christ with them! I will definitely be sad when I have to say goodbye to them.

God is definitely at work here- not only in the lives of the students, but in my life as well. This experience has been challenging for me...it's a fast-paced job where I don't get the 8 hours of sleep my body normally requires. I'm constantly surrounded by people, which is hard at times because I usually need a couple hours to myself each week. But God has been using this time to teach me things and draw me closer to him. I can't believe I only have a month left, but I'm trying to make the most of it.

If you want to send me mail, I'd be your friend forever!

M-Fuge Staff
Attn: Meredith Brunson
1900 Belmont Blvd.
Nashville, TN 37212

I'll try to post another quick update next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment