Sunday, March 14, 2010

Life Update

Like chocolate chip cookies magically disappearing from a plate, this month has slipped away without me even realizing it!

Just wanted to give a quick life update:

1. I decided I'm going to write a book. I've wanted to for a while, but I'm taking action. I'm thinking about writing on the topic of "Journey." Three chapters down. Ideas are much appreciated.

2. I got my acceptance letter to Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary the other day, so in the fall I'll be moving to San Francisco to continue my journey there. I'll blog more about this decision soon.

3. I have two and a half months left in Hawaii. It's bitter-sweet. Mostly bitter because I'll miss it so much, but sweet because I've had such an incredible experience here and I know God has something else great in store for me in the future.

4. I turned 23 last week. At my birthday party, a guy came out of nowhere and played "Happy Birthday" on the accordion. Then he left. Turns out, my friend found him on Craig's list and has been playing music with him.

Karlie, me and Yoko at my bday party

Since I'm in a list-making mood, here are a few goals I have before I leave Hawaii.

1. Go sky-diving

2. Go to Kauai or Molokai

3. Take advantage of the beautiful scenery by being outside and exercising at least 3 or 4 times a week.

4. Share my faith with friends who don't know Jesus.

5. Wear sunscreen. As much as I'd like to think I've built up an immunity to sunburn, the lobster I see in the mirror right now is telling me otherwise.

That's all for now. Hope to have a more substantial blog coming soon.


Aloha,
Mere

No comments:

Post a Comment