Saturday, December 25, 2010

Tarheel Traditions

For most people, Christmas begins and ends on December 25th. In our family, the 25th is just the beginning of a week-long celebration with family. It's my favorite week out of the whole year.

For over 20 years, our family has spent Christmas at "Tarheel Lodge," a cabin in the mountains of North Carolina. When we pulled up to the snow covered lodge today, I was flooded with memories: Opening presents, playing with my cousins, hearing Papa tell stories, eating Grandmother's chocolate fudge, snowball fights...so many fun times!

Now that I live on the opposite side of the country, I treasure these moments with family more than ever before. What a blessing it is to be able to celebrate the birth of Jesus with my favorite people in such a serene, nostalgic place!

"the cousins" at Tarheel lodge with Grandmother and Papa about 19 years ago

Merry Christmas, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment