Monday, February 28, 2011

Then and Now

Two years ago, I was in Mill Valley, CA visiting this seminary called Golden Gate. I was sitting on this white couch downstairs in the girls dorm and I wrote this blog.

Two years later, I'm in Mill Valley, CA and I'm in my second semester at Golden Gate Seminary. I'm sitting on that same white couch downstairs in the girls dorm and I just had a serious case of deja vu.

It's kinda crazy to think about how much things have changed since that night two years ago.

Then I was a 21-year-old college senior, excited, but very uncertain about the future.

Now I'm a 23-year-old young adult, learning to accept the fact that I may never be certain about the future...but that's okay.

I remember the excitement I felt that night in 2009. The thought of moving to California and going to Golden Gate seemed so far off.

But here I am, living in Mill Valley, preparing for a life of missions and ministry.

Sometimes I just have to take time out of my busy schedule to stop and remember what I'm doing with my life and how I got here. I can see how God's hand has guided me and I am so grateful.

I have been learning so much since I came to seminary. Yes, I'm getting some "head knowledge," but more than that, I guess I'm just learning more of what it means to truly trust God and to be content in where I am.

I tend to stress out about the future sometimes, but I'm slowly learning to follow the words of Jim Elliot when he said, "Wherever you are, be all there."

I have no idea where I'll be in another two years, but for now I'm just gonna sit on this white couch in the girls dorm at that seminary called Golden Gate and make the most of the time I have here.

2 comments:

  1. Before I left for seminary a friend and mentor told me, "Much of the education you receive in seminary happens out side of the classroom." So true.

    ReplyDelete