Sunday, May 10, 2009

Campbell Alumna!

As of yesterday, I am officially a graduate of Campbell University. It's a weird feeling. I am mostly excited about the adventures that await me in the next few months.

This weekend was great. I was able to spend some time with friends and family and reminisce on my college years. It was kind of surreal to walk into the convocation center and see so much orange and black. It made me proud to be a Campbell Camel :) You could feel the excitement in the building. I couldn't help but think back to my very first week at Campbell when the freshman class gathered for the medallion ceremony. I remember someone telling me, "Before you know it, you'll be graduating..." I now know how true that statement was.

I was so proud as I watched my friends cross the stage and receive the degree for which they had worked so hard for 4+ years. These are the friends I've lived with, traveled with, endured classes with and come to know as brothers and sisters.

I actually made it through the whole day without getting too emotional. In fact, in the midst of the excitement of graduating and having so many people to see, I actually forgot to pick up my diploma! Oh well- hopefully they will mail it to me. I guess I won't need it in Hawaii anyways ;)

It wasn't until I got home and began reading letters from some of my friends that the tears began to flow. I have made some amazing friends at Campbell and though I know we will keep in touch, I also know that it will simply never be the same again. Some of us are moving away, some are getting full-time jobs and some are getting married. I guess you could say we're becoming real grown-ups.

That's just a tad scary. Even though I moved my tassel to the left side of my cap, I don't feel any more grown up than I did before. Luckily, I have a lot to look forward to and don't necessarily have to move straight into "adulthood."

This week I'm hanging out with family, but I'm leaving on Friday for M-Fuge! I am going to program training in the NC mountains, and then I'll head to Nashville next week. I can't believe it's already time for camp again. I can't wait to meet the staff, visit my sites, and see God at work every single day!

Hooray for ending one chapter and moving on to the next!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting a photo with your parents. You are a special young woman and I know God has great plans for you. When you see your mom again, give her a hug for me, her Spencer High School buddy! I got to meet you on 4th of July at your grandparents house. Please tell all your family Hello from the Hoods!
    Angie Wilson Hood

    ReplyDelete