Thursday, March 12, 2009

Times, they are a changin'

This past week has been full of changes (good ones!). My good friend Erica was married on Saturday and it was such a blessing to be a part of her special day. You can check out Story Photographers to see some beautiful pictures from the wedding. I thought you might also enjoy this "blast from the past" photo from Halloween our freshman year of college! I wanted us to walk down the aisle in our homemade silverwear costumes, but I guess it's better that we opted for the traditional bridesmaids dresses :)

I turned 22 on Tuesday! Usually I'm a little sad that another year has gone by, but for some reason I am really excited about being 22. I guess I just like the number and I feel like this is the age that I will become way more independent and adult-like. Kinda scary in a way, but I think I'm ready for it.

And then comes all the graduation stuff. I ordered my cap and gown the other day and tonight we had the senior dinner. Up until now, graduation has seemed like it was in the distant future, but now it's becoming more and more of a reality. When I walk around campus I just want to savor everything. I want to soak in the campus and meals with sweet friends. I really am excited about the changes that are happening in my life, but with the excitement comes a hint of fear and sadness that this season is nearing its end.

The other day I was visiting with a good friend and we were talking about life and the future and I casually shrugged and said, "You know, change doesn't really bother me. I actually really enjoy change." HA! The moment those words came out of my mouth I suddenly burst into tears totally unexpectedly. Then I couldn't stop laughing because I was thinking "What is going on inside of me?!" I truly do feel confident that the upcoming changes in my life are going to be good. But apparentally there's a part of me that is scared. Maybe that's normal. Even though it's a little scary moving on to the next stage of life, I know that God is in control and I'm so thankful I can rely on Him. I'm praying that as my life changes over the next few months that God will use those times to draw me closer to him than ever before. So I'm waiting in expectation to see where God will lead. Until then, I want to make the most of my last two months in The Creek!

1 comment:

  1. YES! i love that halloween picture - i think you will remember how i used that in admissions when that special girl came to stay with you ladies!!! :)

    ReplyDelete